Speed reading may work for some people, however for those with an imaginative mind such as mine, I find it impossible to finish books as quickly as my peers.
English isn’t my first language, so there’s my first barrier in catching up with said cohorts. Yet after finishing Ryan Holiday’s, “The Obstacle is the Way.” I feel almost unstoppable.
My historical track record on average was finishing a book within 3 months. Many of you must be baffled at how slow this progress is for someone who “claims” to be a literati. (Well, I aspire to be anyway.)
I am now posing a new challenge for myself. 12 Books before clock strikes 12 into 2019.
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Reason I haven’t finished: Doerr is an incredible author able to paint with his words. Given his masterpiece is depicting WWII, I haven’t really had the stomach for certain passages.
- Wildcard by Marie Lu (Book slated for Q3 2018 release)
- Meditation by Marcus Aurelius
- Holiday finds Aurelius to be his favorite Stoic. I simply can’t wait to get my hands on this book
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris
- This is a refresher. As I’ve read this towards the end of my college days, it didn’t really apply to my adulthood now
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- I got this as a birthday gift. It’s a light & fun read.
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them By JK Rowling
- Literally Crimes of Grindelwald is out in Q4 and I still haven’t read this!?
The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- BONUS: My friend is writing a Trilogy and I’m beta reading Book 1.
Okay so it’s now June 3, I’ve got 6 months left to finish out 9 more books.
Oh boy… this is exciting yet a bit overwhelming. But it’s an obstacle and I’ll find the way.