Lorelai Gilmore had a special gift. As soon as she smelled snow, her and her daughter Rory Gilmore would look up at the sky and almost within that instant as they peered above, snow would sift down dusting their coats and scarves.
That icon from Gilmore Girls transcended through the seasons as a bookmark if you will, that set her personality apart from others.
Lorelai is the rambunctious happy go lucky character that’s independent and fierce. I remember desiring someone like that to be in my life.
Recently, the seasons gradually changed from summer to fall and though LA still has the warm atmosphere floating around, I started to smell autumn.
It’s truly a blissful time of year and quite frankly, my favorite season.
- The air is cooler granting a wardrobe overhaul with cute hats, scarves and of course, boots.
- The color palette switches from glittering yellows and beachy blues to a warm brown and vibrant orange.
- Halloween decorations have kicked off in retail reminding us that soon enough Holiday Seasons is right around the corner.
- Cuddle weather with hot cocoa and thin mints to complement the sweetness
- My famous spiked apple cider to soothe our bones when it gets too chilly
- The nights are spent by candlelight indoors reading for the introverts
- and my absolute favorite reason: love. I feel an overwhelming aura of love during autumn. Maybe because my spirits are lifted from the season, but it just feels amazing.
When next year’s fall rolls around, do you think you’ll smell autumn?