I recently stumbled upon these questions regarding self-awareness and was tasked to answer.
Thought this was a nice little exercise no matter what stage you are in life!
I might even chance upon these questions in a few years and find that my answers have changed.
(To save anyone the hassle of copy and pasting each question individually, I put all my answers at the bottom)
- Would you rate yourself as happy or unhappy? What has the greatest impact on your happiness?
- Are there any areas of your life where you feel you are out of control?
- Do you prefer a tidy, organised environment or a chaotic, disorganised environment?
- Are you more attracted to something if you know it is forbidden?
- Are you motivated, or demotivated, by competition?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- Do you find it easier to do things for others than to do things for yourself?
- Do you have clear boundaries or do people walk all over you?
- Does being around people energise you or wear you out?
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would that one thing be?
- Between happy & unhappy and only have those options, I would rate my current state unhappy. Given the hurdles I’ve had to jump through this past month, I think it’s hard for me to focus on trying to put myself in a happier state. Car accident, doctor visits, dysfunctional family issues, and my lack of purpose get tossed in one big shitstorm that I haven’t been able to dodge. But to that point, I am actually looking forward to getting things sorted out and back to a “normal-ish” routine.
- 2017 will be the year I fully absorb my health status. Though due to genetics and other outside variables, our bodies tend to have a mind of it’s own in relation to illnesses, I strive to cook healthier, eat less deep fried awesome delicious poison that’s bad for my body, and duly keep up with my doctor’s visits. Had I not checked in with my doc for a physical end of last year, I wouldn’t have found out what I did…
- A decade ago, I would’ve said I’d love to be thrown into a beautiful disorganized mess. My room would live in a constant state of a rockstar high school rebel theme, but now that I have my first condo, things have changed to a much tidier persona.
- I think we all gravitate towards the forbidden fruit. That’s just human nature.
- Competition brings out the worst and best in me.
- There are areas in life where I know how to take charge but when it’s something I’m less experienced in, the reins are passed onto others.
- Sometimes, I can’t help myself.
- I think I have clear boundaries that blur every once in awhile.
- I draw energy in both. I’d love to be with large groups when I get a chance, esp my closest friends and relatives. But I do tend to need to withdraw and be in my own space.
- —- the way I overanalyze to the point it stresses me out.